For the time being at least, the way we socialise in Pubs is going to be very different to what we were used to. First and foremost, the safety of our staff and our guests is the number one priority. To this end, and in line with current government guidelines, we have implemented a number of new measures:
- There is a sanitiser station at the entrance of the Pub. Please use it when you arrive
- There are several other sanitiser stations positioned around the building to use during your visit
- Guests are required to wear a face mask when not seated at their table
- Guests are required to ‘check in’. There is a QR scan on the menus and on posters around the pub. You can currently use our original check-in QR, but are encouraged to download and use the NHS Covid-19 App.
- Vertical drinking is not allowed. All guests must be seated
- Similarly, there is no seating at the Bar, and we will not be taking orders at the Bar
- Orders will be taken at the table, or can be made using the Round ordering App
- Contactless payment is preferable where possible
- Following the latest ruling, the maximum size of any group is six people
- If you have children with you, they must remain at the table
- Toilets will operate on a one at a time basis. Wash your hands thoroughly!
- Please adhere to current social distancing requirements
- Last orders is 9.15pm, time 9.30pm and all customers must vacate the building by 10pm at the latest
- Be kind! This isn’t easy for us either
Welcome to The Royal Oak, Lewes
Birthplace of The Rooks, and home to Waterloo Bonfire Society, The Royal Oak is a smart, contemporary pub in the heart of the historic and quintessentially English town of Lewes; the picturesque County town of East Sussex.
Rich colours and opulent lighting set the tone in the Main Bar, while ‘Upstairs at The Oak’ you will find a spacious Function Room, complete with its own bar and two large, flat screen TVs; ideal for parties, meetings, presentations and private gatherings. It is perfect for fuss-free Wedding Receptions … all of these once social distancing measures are relaxed, of course!
We also have a lovely outside drinking area, a hidden gem on those sunny days. Great food, great drinks, great music and a warm welcome are integral to our ethos. And the comfort and enjoyment of our guests is paramount. Follow us on Social Media for updates on special offers, Live Music, DJ nights and other events …. again, once we are allowed!
Our Kitchen may be small, but we are adept at providing simple, freshly prepared dishes bursting with flavour. Where possible we use locally sourced ingredients, and we offer an enticing range of small plates, sandwiches and main meals, alongside your favourite Pub Classics.
Light bites include the ever popular Halloumi Chips, whilst our new Squid & Chorizo Fritters dish is becoming a firm favourite. If you are looking for something more substantial, we do a mean 28 Day Dry Aged Sussex Short-horn Steak, and a delicious Vegan Curry. And let’s not forget our excellent Sunday Roasts. Just yummmmm!
Set just off the High Street, The Royal Oak is the ideal location for lunch. And as the evenings draw in, we offer the perfect spot for you to settle in with a nice bottle of wine and spoil yourself. After all, you deserve it!
Great Ales, Craft Beers, Wines & Spirits
We love beer! Our five, traditional cask ales always feature at least one local brew, while our keg range includes craft beers and cider. Wines and spirits have been carefully selected and our offer includes a large range of artisan gins, which we serve with a choice of Fever Tree tonics, along with some fantastic whiskeys and rums. We also shake a mean Cocktail! 25% off Wednesday & Thursday 6-8pm!
We are a great place for a coffee and a catch up with friends too, and use freshly ground beans from local, small batch roasters Pharmacie, along with teas and a range of infusions.