Whilst restrictions have been lifted, now is not the time to throw caution to the wind! The safety of our Guests and of our Team remains paramount
- Although the wearing of face masks when not seated is no longer required, we do encourage you to do so
- Ordering at the Bar is allowed, and our contactless ordering App, Round, is still in place
- To protect our Team, bar stools will not return just yet, and standing at the bar is only allowed while ordering
- You may stand elsewhere in the Pub
- Sanitiser stations will remain in place for you to use, and we encourage you to do so
- We will continue to regularly clean & santise touch points
- Whilst it is no longer mandatory to check in using the NHS Test & Trace App, the QR posters will remain in place for those that wish to do so
- Staff will wear face masks at their own discretion, and are encouraged to do so
- Stay safe, and respect each others space!
- And be kind! This isn’t easy for us either
Welcome to The Royal Oak, Lewes
Birthplace of The Rooks, and home to Waterloo Bonfire Society, The Royal Oak is a smart, contemporary pub in the heart of the historic and quintessentially English town of Lewes; the picturesque County town of East Sussex.
Rich colours and opulent lighting set the tone in the Main Bar, while ‘Upstairs at The Oak’ you will find a spacious Function Room and Event Space, complete with its own bar and two large, flat screen TVs; ideal for parties, meetings, presentations and private gatherings. It is perfect for fuss-free Wedding Receptions!
We also have a lovely outside drinking area, a hidden gem on those sunny days.
Great food, great drinks, great music and a warm welcome are integral to our ethos. And the comfort and enjoyment of our guests is paramount. Follow us on Social Media for updates on special offers, Live Music, DJ nights and other events.
Our Kitchen may be small, but we are adept at providing simple, freshly prepared dishes bursting with flavour. Where possible we use locally sourced ingredients, and we offer an enticing range of small plates, sandwiches and main meals, alongside your favourite Pub Classics.
Lighter bites include the ever popular Cajun Spiced Chicken Goujons and Jackfruit Wings. If you are looking for something more hearty, we do a mean 28 Day Dry Aged Sussex Short-horn Steak. Vegan and Vegetarian dishes are always well represented.
Set just off the High Street, The Royal Oak is the ideal location for lunch. And as the evenings draw in, we offer the perfect spot for you to settle in with a nice bottle of wine and spoil yourself. After all, you deserve it!
Great Ales, Craft Beers, Wines & Spirits
We love beer. Proper beer! We have three permanent traditional cask ales – Harveys Sussex Best, Royal Oak House Bitter and St Austell Tribute – and two guest pumps, which always feature at least one local brew. Wines and spirits have been carefully selected and our offer includes a large range of artisan gins, which we serve with a choice of Fever Tree tonics, along with some fantastic whiskeys and rums. We also shake a mean Cocktail! 25% off Wednesday and Thursday 6-8pm!
We are a great place for a coffee and a catch up with friends too, and use freshly ground beans from local, small batch roasters Pharmacie, along with teas and a range of infusions.