WE’RE BACK! POP IN AND SAY HELLO. WE’VE MISSED YOU!
For the time being at least, Pubs up and down the country are having to adapt to an ever changing schedule of rules and restrictions. Please rest assured that the safety of our staff and our guests is our number one priority. We are equally focused on ensuring your visit remains as enjoyable as possible.
Whilst restrictions have been lifted, we have decided that now is not the time to throw caution to the wind!The safety of our Guests and of our Team remains paramount
- Whilst the wearing of face masks when not seated is no longer required, we do encourage you to do so
- You may order at the Bar if you wish. However, we will will still offer Table Service and Round, the contactless ordering App is still in place
- To protect our Team, bar stools will not return just yet, and standing at the bar is only allowed while ordering
- Standing is allowed elsewhere
- Sanitiser stations will remain in place for you to use, and we encourage you to do so
- We will continue to regularly clean & santise touch points
- Whilst it is no longer mandatory to check in using the NHS Test & Trace App, the QR posters will remain in place for those that wish to do so
- Staff will wear face masks at their discretion, but are encouraged to do so
- Stay safe, and respect each others space!
- And be kind! This isn’t easy for us either
Welcome to The Royal Oak, Lewes
Birthplace of The Rooks, and home to Waterloo Bonfire Society, The Royal Oak is a smart, contemporary pub in the heart of the historic and quintessentially English town of Lewes; the picturesque County town of East Sussex.
Rich colours and opulent lighting set the tone in the Main Bar, while ‘Upstairs at The Oak’ you will find a spacious Function Room, complete with its own bar and two large, flat screen TVs; ideal for parties, meetings, presentations and private gatherings. It is perfect for fuss-free Wedding Receptions!
We also have a lovely outside drinking area, a hidden gem on those sunny days.
Great food, great drinks, great music and a warm welcome are integral to our ethos. And the comfort and enjoyment of our guests is paramount. Follow us on Social Media for updates on special offers, Live Music, DJ nights and other events.
Our Kitchen may be small, but we are adept at providing simple, freshly prepared dishes bursting with flavour. Where possible we use locally sourced ingredients, and we offer an enticing range of small plates, sandwiches and main meals, alongside your favourite Pub Classics.
Lighter bites include the ever popular Cajun Spiced Chicken Goujons and Jackfruit Wings. If you are looking for something more hearty, we do a mean 28 Day Dry Aged Sussex Short-horn Steak, and a delicious Vegan Curry.
Set just off the High Street, The Royal Oak is the ideal location for lunch. And as the evenings draw in, we offer the perfect spot for you to settle in with a nice bottle of wine and spoil yourself. After all, you deserve it!
Great Ales, Craft Beers, Wines & Spirits
We love beer! Our five, traditional cask ales always feature at least one local brew, while our keg range includes craft beers and cider. Wines and spirits have been carefully selected and our offer includes a large range of artisan gins, which we serve with a choice of Fever Tree tonics, along with some fantastic whiskeys and rums. We also shake a mean Cocktail! 25% off Thursday 6-8pm!
We are a great place for a coffee and a catch up with friends too, and use freshly ground beans from local, small batch roasters Pharmacie, along with teas and a range of infusions.